Windows XP Wireless Printing
How to set up the wireless printer for Windows XP laptops.
- Click on the Windows wireless icon (at the bottom right corner of the screen) and select the eduroam wireless network, and then click Connect.
- Click on the Windows Start Icon (at the bottom left corner of the screen) and then click on Printers and Faxes.
- In the Printers and Faxes window, right click and select Add Printer.
- In the Add Printer Wizard window click on Next.
- When asked what type of printer you want to install, click on A network printer, or a printer attached to another computer and then click on Next.
- In the Add Printer Wizard window, click on Connect to this printer (or to browse for a printer…), and then type: \\126.96.36.199\LIB1STFLOOR3
- Click on Next and then click on Yes.
- When asked if you want to use this printer as the default printer, select Yes, click on Next and then click on Finish.
You can use the computer now to print any file. Your print jobs are identified by your computer name or your computer IP address.
To find your computer name:
Click on the Windows Start icon at the bottom left corner. Right click on Computer then select Properties. Your computer name will be listed in the description.
To find your computer IP address:
Open your Internet browser and go to www.whatismyip.com. Your IP address will appear at the top of the page as a series of numbers. (Ex. 000.000.000.00).