Windows 8 Wireless Printer Setup
How to set up the wireless printer for Windows 8 PCs.
- Click on the Windows wireless icon (at the bottom right corner of the screen) and select the eduroam wireless network, and then click Connect.
- Open a Web browser and use your MyCoyote username and password to logon to the campus wireless network.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap the Search icon.
- Type “devices and printers” in the search bar and select settings underneath the search bar.
- Click on “View Devices and printers”
- On the left and on the top left corner of the new window click on “Add a Printer.”
- From the window that appears click on click on “The printer that I want isn’t listed” and wait for a set of options to appear.
- Click on Select a shared printer by name and then type:
- Select Next. (If you receive a message regarding the installation of printer drivers then click Install Driver.), select Next, again, and then click Finish.
To find your computer IP address:
Open your Internet browser and go to www.whatismyip.com. Your IP address will appear at the top of the page as a series of numbers. (Ex. 000.000.000.00).