Library Multimedia Center
The Pfau Library Multimedia Center (LMMC), located in PL-5005, houses a variety of audio and video materials such as CDs, DVDs, LPs, and more, plus equipment for viewing and listening. View LMMC Hours.
Video Recording Equipment
Video camcorders, microphone systems, lighting kits, and tripods are available for CSUSB student and faculty use (see John M. Pfau Library Audio Visual Equipment Lending Program). List of the equipment available.
Viewing & Listening
The centerpiece of the LMMC is a surround-sound, high-definition Blu-ray theater which seats 75. CSUSB faculty may use this space for class viewings of films. Contact Kathleen Rezendes-Herrick (firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-537-5088) to schedule the theater space and to reserve DVD and/or VHS titles; please allow two weeks' advance notice.
The LMMC also houses six Media Preview Rooms and two Multimedia Collaboration rooms.
All Media Preview Rooms have CD and DVD players, and cassette players. Headphones may be checked out from the service desk. One of the preview rooms also has a Blu-ray player, a 32-inch television for film viewing by small groups, and a stereo phonograph record player.
The two Multimedia Collaboration Rooms, PL-5005F & PL-5005J, have iMac computers with the following software:
- Final Cut Pro X
- Logic Pro 9
- Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite 6
- Adobe Illustrator Creative Suite 6
- Adobe InDesign Creative Suite 6
These rooms may be reserved in advance by CSUSB students, faculty, and staff who need to edit videos and/or sound recordings.
Media Materials in the LMMC
- Computer software, including educational software and CDs or DVDs that were packaged with books.
- Music audio CDs, primarily classical and jazz.
- Vinyl LPs, primarily classical music and spoken word.
- Government documents in CD or DVD format.
- Blu-ray DVDs.
iPad Lending Program
Current CSUSB students, faculty, and staff may check out iPads and iPad Minis. Read about our iPad Lending Program.
Music Department Reserves
The LMMC service desk also supports Music Department course reserves. Music faculty may request that library CDs, DVDs, books, or personal copies of materials be placed on reserve in this area for limited use by students. Contact Kathleen Rezendes-Herrick (email@example.com or 909-537-5088) to make arrangements; please allow two weeks' advance notice.
Media Materials at the Check-Out Desk, 1st floor
- DVDs and VHS tapes, including popular films and TV series, as well as educational videos may be checked out.
- Audiobooks, including more than 300 bestsellers, biographies, plays, and lectures. Formats include audio CDs, audiocassettes, and Playaway digital audio players.
- Audiocassette players.
More Media Resources
A VHS/DVD player is located across from the LMMC on the 5th floor, for use when the LMMC is closed.
Computer workstations around the library have labels indicating whether they play CDs or DVDs.