CSUSB Faculty: Check-Out Policies
Can I renew the items I check out?
Yes, you are allowed one renewal per item unless there is a hold on it. Renew items online via My Library Account, or in person at the Check-Out Desk.
Can someone else check out library materials for me?
Full time and part time faculty may authorize anyone you choose to check out library materials on your behalf, but you are financially responsible. Bring the person you want to authorize with you to the Check-Out Desk and ask for the Library Faculty Authorization Card; both of you will need to show ID.
Can I check out library materials from other libraries?
Your Coyote OneCard is good at all CSU libraries. For other libraries, please contact them to find out what their policy is.
Loan Periods by Type of Material
- Books: 6 months (full-time faculty), 3 months (part-time or emeritus)
- Featured Books: 2 weeks
- Audio Books: 2 weeks (no renewals)
- Periodicals: 1 week (no renewals)
Note: issues in plastic covers in the first floor display do not circulate.
- Art Prints: 28 days
- Audiocassettes & CDs: 2 weeks
- DVDs, Blu-rays, etc.: 1 week, limit of 5 total which may include 1 boxed set (faculty may request an extension of a week)
- iPads (students, faculty, and staff): 4 hours
- Lost or damaged materials: cost of repair or replacement plus $10 service charge per item.
- Featured Books & Audio Books: $1 per day, per item; maximum of $10 per item.
- DVDs, Blu-rays, etc.: $2 per day, per item; maximum of $26 per item.
- Boxed DVD sets with one or more missing discs: replacement cost of entire set plus $10 service charge.
- iPads $10 per hour, per item; maximum of $480.
Placing a Hold or a Recall
Is the book you need already checked out? Place a hold (anytime) or recall (after 28 days) on it in person at the Check-Out Desk on the first floor, or online through the Pfau Library Catalog. We will notify you via email when it is returned. Another solution that may be faster is to request the book through our Interlibrary Loan service.
Placing a Search Request
Can't locate an item on the shelf? Place a search request on it at the Check-Out Desk on the first floor. You will be notified by email if the item is located.
Paying Fines or Fees
Payment may be made:
- Online by logging in to My Library Account.
- In person at the Check-Out Desk with cash or check
- By mail (make check payable to CSUSB Library) and send to:
5500 University Parkway
San Bernardino, CA 92407-2397
Attn: Circulation Dept.
When balance is paid in full, “Holds” on University Records will normally be cleared within 2 business days.