Community Members: Check-Out Policies
Including CSUSB Alumni Assn.; Library Associates; Inland Empire Academic Libraries Cooperative (IEALC); School Teachers (San Bernardino & Riverside Counties, but not Substitute Teachers); Other CSUs (faculty & students)
Can I renew the items I check out?
Yes, you are allowed two renewals per item unless there is a hold on it. Renew items online via My Library Account, or in person at the Check-Out Desk.
Loan Periods by Type of Material
The total number of items checked out cannot exceed 5.
- Books: 28 days
- Featured Books: 2 weeks (no renewals)
- Audio Books: 2 weeks (no renewals)
- Current Periodicals: 1 week (no renewals)
Note: issues in plastic covers in the first floor display do not circulate.
- Art Prints: 28 days
- Audiocassettes & CDs: Library use only
- DVDs, Blu-Rays, etc.: 3 days (limit of 2 total which may include 1 boxed set) (no renewals)
- Books: $0.25 per day, per item; maximum of $10 per item.
- Course Reserves: $1 per hour, per item; maximum of $25 per item.
- Featured Books & Audio Books: $1 per day, per item; maximum of $10 per item.
- DVDs, Blu-Rays, etc.: $2 per day, per item; maximum of $26 per item.
Lost or Damaged Fees
- Cost of repair or replacement plus $10 service charge per item.
- Boxed DVD sets with one or more missing discs: replacement cost of entire set plus $10 service charge.
Placing a Search Request
Can't locate an item on the shelf? Place a search request on it at the Check-Out Desk on the first floor. You will be notified by email if the item is located.
Paying Fines or Fees
Payment may be made:
- Online by logging in to My Library Account.
- In person at the Check-Out Desk with cash or check
- By mail (make check payable to CSUSB Library) and send to:
5500 University Parkway
San Bernardino, CA 92407-2397
Attn: Circulation Dept.
When balance is paid in full, “Holds” on University Records will normally be cleared within 2 business days.