Community Members: Check-Out Policies
Including CSUSB Alumni Assn.; Library Associates; Inland Empire Academic Libraries Cooperative (IEALC); School Teachers (San Bernardino & Riverside Counties, but not Substitute Teachers); Other CSUs (faculty & students)
Can I renew the items I check out?
Yes, you are allowed two renewals per item unless there is a hold on it. Renew items online via My Library Account, or in person at the Check-Out Desk.
Loan Periods by Type of Material
The total number of items checked out cannot exceed 5.
- Books: 28 days
- Featured Books: 2 weeks (no renewals)
- Audio Books: 2 weeks (no renewals)
- Current Periodicals: 1 week (no renewals)
Note: issues in plastic covers in the first floor display do not circulate.
- Art Prints: 28 days
- Audiocassettes & CDs: Library use only
- DVDs, Blu-Rays, etc.: 3 days (limit of 2 total which may include 1 boxed set) (no renewals)
- Books: $0.25 per day, per item; maximum of $10 per item.
- Course Reserves: $1 per hour, per item; maximum of $25 per item.
- Featured Books & Audio Books: $1 per day, per item; maximum of $10 per item.
- DVDs, Blu-Rays, etc.: $2 per day, per item; maximum of $26 per item.
Lost or Damaged Fees
- Cost of repair or replacement plus $10 service charge per item.
- Boxed DVD sets with one or more missing discs: replacement cost of entire set plus $10 service charge.
Placing a Search Request
Can't locate an item on the shelf? Place a search request on it at the Check-Out Desk on the first floor. You will be notified by email if the item is located.
Paying Fines or Fees
Payments may be made in cash or by check, payable to the Pfau Library, at the Check-Out Desk on first floor. Billing notices and overdue reminders are sent via email. If you have questions, talk to a staff member at the Check-Out Desk in person or by phone (909-537-5090). To see if you owe fines, check My Library Account.